Eucon of North America is seeking a qualified Database developer to design and deploy reliable new databases, according to our company’s needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
As part of our IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with internal Eucon team members and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our databases system run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
Position Summary and Responsibility
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols
- Build and maintain stored procedures and functions
- Design and deploy schema changes
- Participate in the development of applications that access and contribute to the database
- 5+ years’ experience with MS-SQL
- Experience writing SQL stored procedures, functions and scripts
- Practical knowledge on database fundamentals
- Enjoys solving complex problems and working with large datasets
- DTS/ETL experience, knowledge of SSIS is a plus
- Self-managed with a passion for learning and exploring large data sets
- Proven work experience as a Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Experience in agile development is a plus
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to work in an international team and entrepreneurial working environment
- Highly motivated team player with desire to take over leadership of tasks and drive business success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
Eucon is a global solutions provider for business performance management and a specialist in added value information systems. Customers in automotive aftersales and the independent aftermarket choose us to improve their business processes.
We provide a wide range of specialist products and services tailored to meet the specific needs of our customers in automotive aftersales allowing them to accelerate improvements in their operational performance. That is why Eucon is recognized as a leading innovation force with products and solutions which enable companies to perform better and improve profitably.
In automotive aftersales Eucon is a leading lifecycle manager and pricing specialist for replacement parts and accessories. We develop and implement value-added market and product strategies to help our clients optimize profit margins throughout the lifecycle of their products.
At the locations in Atlanta USA, Muenster Germany and Shanghai China the Eucon Group employs close to 400 people serving more than 300 customers worldwide. Our customers include almost all vehicle manufacturers (Light and Heavy Duty), over 100 component manufacturers and suppliers as well as most auto insurers in Germany. www.eucon.com